Mergers & Acquisitions
You want to avoid a failed merger or acquisition? You want to divest a business unit to an appropriate partner?
Our team members have years of operational management experience in leading positions in various industries. We know the importance of setting a walk-away price, but also that the value of a business is created on the shop floor and in the organization — not in Excel sheets. That is why we see the M&A process not only from a financial perspective.
Our range of services includes:
- Sell-side mandates
- Buy-side mandates
- Distressed M&A mandates
- Value creation before the selling process begins
- Operational post-merger integration
During the M&A process, we rely on a mix of our own proven and innovative methods as well as management capacity and skill set.
This allows us to achieve:
- Precise search and identification of target companies
- Identification of buyers best suited to the specific selling proposition of your business
- Increase in operational cash flow through better management of working capital and higher productivity
- Strengthening of your customer relationships by improving customer satisfaction
- Finding of the right buyer even under distressed business conditions
- Reduction of acquisition risks by screening operational weaknesses of the target
- Audit and calculation of feasible synergies and consequently the ultimate realistic walk-away price point
- Post-merger integration process adherence to the business plan through our hands-on operational approach as we support and merge the new entity
- Value optimization by using value chain details to convince the buyer of the advantages of your business
A multinational company wants to sell a loss-making business unit. The first attempt fails: Prospective buyers offer only to take over for a purchase price that would generate a huge loss.
Measures undertaken in cooperation with the customer:
- Development of a vision
- Tapping of new markets and introduction of new technologies in alignment with the vision
- Revitalization of the management team
- Implementation of innovative production approaches (digitization)
- High-level reporting and effective communiques
- Profitable business operations
- Enhanced attractiveness of business unit through a clear profile and a vision for the future
- Successful sale at a price far above book value
- After the closing: implementation of the carve-out and integration of the unit into the structures of the new shareholder
- Satisfied investors